Terms & Conditions
- The Glitter in the Dark Prize is open to actors leaving training in 2020.
- d/Deaf and disabled actors at the start of their career, including those who are sign native, are welcome to apply regardless of training.
- The competition is open to entrants aged 16 or over. There is no upper age limit.
- There is no restriction on where entrants are from.
- Entrants should select a 1-2 minute section from any of the monologues in
The Beast Will Rise season to perform.
- Entries should be received by 5pm on Monday 12th July 2020. Any entries received after this time will not be considered.
- The finalists will be announced on Saturday 11th July.
- The winner will be announced on Monday 13th July, and have their monologue shown on the Tramp
website, YouTube, and Twitter channels on 18th July.
- Entrants should sumbit a video of no more than 2 minutes via the
- The monologue should be performed in English or in sign language.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Entrants may submit more than one entry as long as each entry is from a different monologue.
- Tramp will share all submissions on Social Media and YouTube, and will provide closed captions
- Entrants are encouraged to upload and share their monologues on social media, crediting Philip Ridley
as the writer.
- Copyright of the monologues and performances remains at all times with Philip Ridley.
- The winner will be sent their professionally edited, colour graded versions of the world premiere monologue
and shall have permission to use on their showreel.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms
- No cash alternative to any part of the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. We reserve the
right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The producer reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions
without notice at any time but especially in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military
disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or
any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified
to entrants as soon as possible by the producer.
- The judges decision will be final.
- By entering the competition you give the producer permission to share your video on their Twitter, YouTube
and other social media channels.
- If an actor is selected as the winner, the prize money will replace all performance and rehearsal fees.
However, should the monlogue of series of monologues be published behind a paywall or on physical media at a future stage,
an additional payment shall be negotiated.
- We regret that no correspondence can be entered into regarding any part of the judging process.
- By entering the contest you agree to your personal information being stored by us for the purpose of administering the competition.
- The information will be stored for a period of 12 months after the competion close date. You can ask to be removed at any time.
- We will share your name and entry video with the panelists for the purposes of judging the competition.
- We may not use this information use this information to contact you the purposes of the competition.
- We will not use this information to market to you in any other way, nor share it nor sell it with any other third party, unless required to by law.
- This competition is governed by the law of England & Wales and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.